- 1 pkg. Lilas Kataifi Dough
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb. (2 cups) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350oF. In a small bowl, combine walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- Divide Lilas Kataifi Dough into 3 long sections. Flatten each piece to 6” x 3” rectangle. Spoon 1 tbs. nut mixture on to short end of each rectangle. Roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Place seam side down onto ungreased 15”x10” pan, arranging rolls into 3 rows of 8. Pour butter evenly over rolls.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Spoon syrup over rolls immediately after removing from oven.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp rose water
Prepare syrup by combining syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil and continue boiling gently for 5 to 10 minutes. Cool and pour over hot baked kataifi. Serve pastries at room temperature.