- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ package Lilas Kataifi Dough at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar - optional
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon - optional
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- Pull Lilas Kataifi into 1-inch thick bundles; cut bundles into 2-inch lengths. Place in a bowl, separate into a loose pile with fingers. Toss with butter - add sugar and cinnamon to make a sweet version of the nests.
- Divide Lilas Kataifi Dough among the 12 muffin cups; press into bottom and up sides. Cook until golden and crisp around the edges - 15-20 minutes. Let cool and filll.
Ideas for filling nests
Fruit with ice cream, whipped cream, custard, cheese, nuts with simple syrup, melted chocolate, favorite pie filling or jam...
Cooked scallops, shrimp, chicken or meat with favorite sauce, sauteed vegetables, favorite cheese with tomatoes and fresh herbs...